This kit Rocks hard! If you want a world class tube amp
kit that duplictes the four classic mothertones, this
is it. If this amp were put into production, it would
sell as a completed combo in the $5K and up range!
There are two channels: American and British.
Depending on how the volume is set,
the British channel goes from a perfect Class A, Vox AC 30 Top Boost tones to
Marshall. It just nails the early Peter Green
and the "Jes Got Paid", billytone.
The American channel does
both Tweed and blackface Fender tones with reverb! There is a control
on the American channel called Texas Tea. When that knob is advanced,
a Raw, vintage Tweed tone is layered on top of theblackface default
tone. If you turn the Texas Tea control all the way up, the tweed
tone covers the blackface tone and you will be left with pure vintage
50's tweed tone.
Turn the Texas Tea "off" and you have pure
Put it in the middle and you are blending blackface with tweed and speaking Stevie
Ray Vaughan. Why do you think they call it Texas Tea?
MP3 Demos of this amp:
The amp features:
* user adjustable Kendrick Quik Bias
* designed to use 6V6, 6L6, EL34, KT66, 6550, KT88, 5881, 7581A, EL37 matched
pair. No other amp offers this ease of experimenting with different output
types and wattage scenarios.
* two 12AT7, two 12AX7 and two 12AY7 preamp tubes
* Tube Spring Reverb on the clean channel!
* Pre wired component board with all leads cut to exact length. (Idiot proof
* Garolite component boards
* 100% tube with point to point layout
* massive,custom wound transformers
* interleaved output transformer
* tubes, cabinet, speaker sold seperately.